Tuesday, June 16, 2015

When Words Aren't Enough

In the week since the team returned home from Kenya, I have been asked many times over, "How was it?" I have to be honest with you - that's a really hard question to answer. Not because I don't know the answer but because mere words just inadequate to describe everything I have to say about this trip.

There are no words to describe the million shades of green of the tea fields we pass.

Or what it's like to drive through the hustle and bustle of Chuka Town.

I can show you a picture of Humphrey's smile when he showed us the progress on the technical school, but it just doesn't do the moment justice, standing there with him and beaming at all he has accomplished.

Words fail to describe the joy of being reunited with our sponsor children at Kenya Connection Kids.


And our partners at Tumaini and Huruma.



How could I possibly describe what it sounds like to hear the Kenyan church pray, be it adults or children? Or their praise and worship? There's really nothing I can compare it to that would do it justice.



My point is this - please bear with us when you ask us about the trip. We want to talk about it. Oh do we ever! But sometimes it takes a while to articulate just the right words that will help you understand all the things we saw and smelled and heard and felt there. Longer than the split second we see each other in the hall at church, or the check out line in the grocery store. We'll often give the short reply "awesome," "amazing," "wonderful," because it was. But it was so much more than that. So be patient with us as we try to expand our vocabulary to find the words to tell just how awesome, amazing and wonderful it was. And thank you again, from the bottom of our hearts, for the prayers you wrapped us in while we were there. God heard them and answered every one of them.

Mungu akubariki sana,
Beth

1 comment:

  1. Hi! That's my hometown in kenya and Humphrey is my mentor. God bless you so much for the good job.Im thrilled to see my church in the pics above.
    Morris, Baltimore Maryland

    ReplyDelete